Bariatric Tip of the Week: Healthy Eating Tips for Busy Families
Do you ever find yourself looking at the clock at 5:00 and realizing you have nothing planned for dinner, much less started? With the fast pace of our society, more and more families find it difficult to eat a healthy meal together in the evening. Try these tips to take some of the stress off and still eat healthy meals that are convenient, too!
- Dust off the crockpot! The crockpot is a great way to use your time wisely...it cooks while you work. Assemble everything in the crockpot the night before, store in the refrigerator, and just plug in before work!
- Plan a week's worth of menus at one time. This will help take the guess-work out of what's for dinner. Use the menus to make your grocery list and save them to recycle in weeks to come.
- Batch cook. Make 2-3 recipes at one time and freeze portions to pull out and re-heat quickly! This also works well for home-made"TV dinners." Freeze individual portions that can be thrown in a lunch box and reheated at work.
- Prep ahead of time. Try to do as much preparation the night before...cut up vegetables, clean meat, pre-measure ingredients. This will speed up meal preparation when time is short.
- Think outside of the box. Why not have breakfast for dinner? Try this easy, protein-rich recipe that can be for dinner, too!
This record has been viewed 1256