Sentara RMH Endocrinology
Endocrinology is the medical specialty that deals with diagnosis and treatment of diseases related to hormones and the hormone producing glands of the body. Endocrinology covers such human functions as the coordination of energy metabolism, growth and reproduction.
Conditions that an endocrinologist treats include type 1 and type 2 diabetes, gestational diabetes, thyroid disorders, parathyroid gland disorders (hypercalcemia), pituitary disorders, adrenal gland disorders, osteoporosis, hypertension, cholesterol (lipid) disorders, hypertriglyceridemia (high triglyceride levels in the blood), polycystic ovary syndrome, infertility, lack of growth, and cancers of the endocrine glands.
Nabeel Babar, MD and the Sentara RMH Endocrinology team proudly coordinates your healthcare needs across multiple care settings, as needed. Referrals and pre-authorizations for services and medical procedures are organized for you by our highly-trained staff.
Your health is our main priority! We invite you to participate as an equal partner in your health care.
About Our Clinic
Location: 1661 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22801 (Located in the same building as the Sentara RMH South Main Health Center)
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30-4:30pm
Providers at this Location
We participate in the Virginia Pharmaceutical Monitoring Program
Please read these important tips before arriving for your appointment.
- We see patients on an appointment basis. On occasion, emergencies may cause a delay in our schedule. As possible, we will keep you informed of such delays.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call us at 540-689-4300 as soon as possible. Failure to show up for a scheduled appointment may result in a bill for the missed appointment. Three appointment absences within a twelve month period may result in dismissal from the practice.
- Bring all current medications with you to every appointment. This includes vitamins and nutritional supplements, over-the-counter medications and inhalers.
- If you are seeing the doctor for diabetes, please remember to bring your glucometer and recorded blood sugar logbook to each visit. This information is very important and will allow your doctor to treat your condition in the most optimal and safest manner.
- Bring all current insurance cards with you to every appointment. You will need to present your insurance card when you arrive at the clinic. Please notify us of any changes in your address or telephone number. As a safety precaution, we verify your personal information in our system each visit.
- If you are self-pay or uninsured, payment in full is expected at the time of your visit unless prior arrangements have been made. Feel free to request information on payment plans as well as an application for financial assistance.
- We bill all types of insurances; however, you are responsible for your insurance co-payment. Your co-payment is required when you arrive for your office visit. You are also responsible for non-covered fees and deductibles. We accept major credit cards, checks and cash.
- If your insurance does not list one of our providers as your primary care provider (PCP), you will need to contact your insurance company to ensure we are a participating provider.
To request a prescription refill, call 540-689-4300 during normal business hours. Please have the following information ready: full name, date of birth, phone number, medication name and dose, pharmacy name and location. Please allow 48-hours for your requests to be completed.
Communication and Your Health Care Team
In order to provide you with the best medical care, we must communicate! This is important between you and your doctor, and also between the provider and other members of your healthcare team.
- It’s important to let us know of health services you may be receiving from other specialty physicians, such as a neurologist or orthopedist. We will routinely ask you if you’ve had any changes in your health care or diagnoses, if you’ve been hospitalized or had medical tests since your last visit.
- We know that your health questions and concerns don’t always follow office hours. That’s why we have an after-hours professional answering service. When you have medical questions or need medical advice after-hours, call 540-689-4300. Based on the nature of your need, you will be placed in communication with the on-call provider.
- We communicate often with your pharmacy regarding your medications.
- During regular office hours, our staff can schedule appointments, answer medical questions, refill prescriptions and meet any other medical care needs that you may have.
Planning a visit to Sentara RMH? Take a tour of our campus before you come.
Talk to Us
Sentara RMH appreciates your feedback.
Sign up for updates and news from Sentara RMH!
Enter your email address below to receive health and news updates from RMHOnline.com!