Sentara Home Care Services
We provide dependable, high-quality health care to patients in the comfort and privacy of their own homes.
Sentara Home Care Services provides a full spectrum of home care services to meet the individual needs of patients of all ages.
Physicians, patients, and family members experience the ease of dealing with just one home care agency and the peace of mind knowing that agency is backed by Sentara, a health system nationally recognized for its excellence of care.
We work in concert with physicians to coordinate the multiple therapies and services each patient may require – including skilled nursing care, rehabilitation therapies, infusion therapy, and hospice care.
In addition to routine home health services, we continually introduce innovative, state of the art programs and services.
- Telehealth - Patients participating in our Telehealth Program have our expert staff check their heart rate, blood pressure and weight whenever necessary using self-monitoring equipment – a service that offers more frequent interaction between patient and staff in addition to regular home nursing visits.
- Infusion Therapy - Patients receiving intravenous medications at home find it safer and easier than ever thanks to our state of the art, user friendly, ambulatory infusion pumps.
- Vestibular Therapy - Patients with balance dysfunction, vestibular disorders, and compromised mobility benefit from our specialty focused A Step Ahead program - reducing falls, injuries, and the need for ambulation aids.
- Hospice and Bridge Programs - End of life care is provided for patients with limited life expectancy.
We provide a team that physicians and patients trust.
Our exceptionally trained staff of skilled professional caregivers provides the same high quality care that physicians and patients alike have come to expect from Sentara. You can be confident that our highly credentialed, carefully selected and screened staff will treat patients and family members with the utmost care and respect.
Our team includes specialists in orthopedics, pediatrics, high-risk obstetrics, oncology, wound care, infusion therapy and geriatrics.
- Registered and Licensed Practical Nurses
- Physical/Occupational/Speech Therapists
- Certified Nurse Aides
- Medical Social Workers
- Medical Directors
- Pastoral Counselors
- Registered Dietitian
Admissions and Referrals
Home care services can be requested by a patient, physician, friend, or family member. A physician may prescribe home care for a patient as follow-up care after surgery or a major illness, or special care for the terminally ill. Patients can be eligible for home care services regardless of prior hospitalization.
We are here to help.
Our financial counselors can help determine insurance reimbursement. Sentara Home Care Services is certified by Medicare and Medicaid and accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP - pending). Patients throughout Rockingham and surrounding areas can benefit from the exceptional care provided by the expert staff at any of our offices. We are available to serve you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
2000 Beery Road
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Toll Free: 1-800-HOMECARE
Home Care services: 540-564-5735
Hospice services: 540-433-4429
Also serving other areas throughout Virginia and North Carolina with offices in:
Alleghany, Charlottesville, Greater Peninsula, Greater Hampton Roads, Western Tidewater, Northern Virginia, Northeastern North Carolina
Planning a visit to RMH? Take a tour of our campus before you come.
Talk to Us
RMH appreciates your feedback.
Sign up for updates and news from RMH!
Enter your email address below to receive health and news updates from RMHOnline.com!