RMH Integrative Medicine
At RMH Integrative Medicine, we provide primary care services with an enhanced focus on wellness and disease prevention, using the best of conventional and complementary therapies. We bring together the technology of today and healing practices that have been used for centuries.
The team at RMH Integrative Medicine proudly coordinates your healthcare needs across multiple care settings. Referrals and pre-authorizations for services and medical procedures are organized for you by our highly-trained staff.
Your health is our main priority! We invite you to participate as an equal partner in your health care.
- Treatment of acute and chronic conditions
- Nutritional counseling, including education regarding dietary and botanical supplements
- Individualized healthcare plans that include comprehensive wellness exams and consultation visits
- Utilization or recommendation of other therapies when appropriate, such as osteopathic manipulation, acupuncture, mind-body therapies, yoga, massage and guided imagery.
- Patient and practitioner are partners in the healing process.
- All factors that influence health, wellness and disease are taken into consideration, including mind, spirit, body and community.
- Conventional and alternative methods are used as appropriate to encourage the body’s natural healing responses.
- Effective interventions that are natural and less invasive are used whenever possible.
Meet John Wenger, DO
|Dr. Wenger graduated from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
He completed both his internship and residency at Altoona Hospital
Center for Medicine in Altoona, PA. He is board certified in Family
Medicine. In 2012, he completed a two-year fellowship in integrative
medicine with the University of Arizona.
RMH Integrative Medicine is located at 1931 Medical Avenue, Harrisonburg and is open Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm. They’re closed from 12:30-1pm each day.
Scheduling an Appointment
If you would like to be a part of RMH Integrative Medicine, schedule an appointment by calling 540-564-5400.
All patients are seen by appointment only. When scheduling an appointment, please inform us of any recent hospital or nursing home stays, or emergency room visits.
We make every effort to honor all time commitments. On occasion, emergencies may cause a delay in our schedule. We will keep you informed of such delays.
A health professional will be available by phone for after-hours emergencies.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please provide as much advance notice as possible (24 hours requested). Excessive appointment absences may result in dismissal from the practice.
- Check in with the receptionist at each visit, present your insurance card and notify us of any changes in your address or telephone number.
- Please bring all current medications with you, including over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, inhalers, etc.
- For your protection and to reduce the incidence of identity theft of insurance benefits, your picture will be taken.
Billing and Insurance
- We bill all types of insurances; however, you are responsible for your insurance co-payment. You will be expected to pay this at the time of your visit. You are also responsible for non-covered fees and deductibles.
- We accept major credit cards, checks and cash.
- Depending upon your insurance coverage, you may be responsible for charges related to X-ray or lab services.
- If you are uninsured, payment in full is expected at the time of your visit, unless prior arrangements have been made. For individuals without insurance, we offer a 45% discount.
Please have the following information ready for all refills:
We participate in the Virginia Pharmaceutical Monitoring Program.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Medication name (please spell)
- Medication dose and frequency
For routine refills, please contact your pharmacy. They will check your record and send a request form to us. If you need a written prescription (for mail order, etc.) or for prescriptions for controlled substances, call 540-564-5400 and provide the above information. Please allow 48 hours to process your prescription refill requests.
Communication and Your Health Care Team
In order to provide you with the best medical care, we must communicate! This is important between you and your doctor, and also between the provider and other members of your healthcare team.
- It’s important to let us know of health services you may be receiving from other specialty physicians, such as a neurologist or orthopedist. We will routinely ask you if you’ve had any changes in your health care or diagnoses, if you’ve been hospitalized or had medical tests since your last visit.
- We know that your health questions and concerns don’t always follow office hours. That’s why we have an after-hours professional answering service. When you have medical questions or need medical advice after-hours, call 540-564-7300. Based on the nature of your need, you will be placed in communication with the on-call provider.
- We communicate often with your pharmacy regarding your medications.
- During regular office hours, our staff can schedule appointments, answer medical questions, refill prescriptions and meet any other medical care needs that you may have.
Planning a visit to RMH? Take a tour of our campus before you come.
Talk to Us
RMH appreciates your feedback.
Sign up for updates and news from RMH!
Enter your email address below to receive health and news updates from RMHOnline.com!