Sentara RMH Urology
The physicians and staff at Sentara RMH Urology strive to provide the best care. We invite you to participate as an equal partner in your healthcare.
Our expert team of physicians and nurses specialize in the treatment of:
- Elevated PSA
- Kidney Stones
- Kidney and Bladder Masses
- Erectile Disfunction
- Prostate Health and Concerns
- Other issues
About 1 in 6 adults suffers with an overactive bladder. Luckily, there are now many treatment options for incontinence. Some office procedures we offer include:
There are also surgical procedures that can be performed in the hospital for patients that have not had success with medication and behavior modifications.
- Post Tibial Nerve Stimulation
- Cystoscopy/Cystometrogram: The physician uses a scope to see the bladder, performs tests to check the capacity of the bladder and observes incontinent episodes.
- Interstim Programming
Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
A PSA test measures the level of prostate specific antigen in the blood. If the results are elevated, it could be a sign of an enlarged prostate, prostatitis or an inflammation or swelling in the prostate gland. In some cases, it can be elevated due to prostate cancer. If your doctor feels that cancer may be a possibility, a transrectal ultrasound and biopsy will be performed.
Hematuria, or blood in the urine, can be either microscopic (not visible to the naked eye) or gross (visible). Your doctor can perform a cystoscopy. A cystoscopy is a procedure done in the office that allows the doctor to use a scope to see the inside of your bladder.
A kidney stone or renal calculus is a solid crystal that forms in the kidney. We offer stone extraction procedures such as lithotripsy and uretheroscopy with laser stone removal if the stone does not pass through the urine stream on its own.
A nephrectomy is the removal of the kidney, usually due to a benign or malignant kidney mass. The urologists are trained in minimally-invasive techniques for kidney removal.
A vasectomy is an elective or voluntary request for male sterilization. A vasectomy is done in the office and typically takes 30 minutes. Local anesthesia is used.
Patients are seen by appointment only. We welcome new patients. We make every effort to honor all time commitments. On occasion, emergencies may cause a delay in our schedule. We will keep you informed of such delays. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please provide as much advanced notice as possible (24 hours requested).
- Check in with the receptionist at each visit, present your insurance and prescription drug cards, and notify us of any changes in your address or telephone number.
- Please bring all current medications with you.
- For your protection and to reduce the incidence of identity theft of insurance benefits, your picture will be taken.
- We bill all types of insurances; however, you are responsible for your insurance co-pay. You will be expected to pay this at the time of your visit. You are also responsible for non-covered fees and deductibles. We accept major credit cards, checks and cash.
- Your insurance policy may require preauthorization for some services and medications.
- If you are uninsured, payment in full is expected at the time of your visit, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- For individuals without insurance, we offer a 45 percent discount.
- Financial assistance is also available for those who apply and qualify. Please contact our office for additional information.
Sentara RMH Urology is open Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm. We are located in the Hahn Building on the Sentara RMH campus, 2006 Health Campus Drive, Harrisonburg, VA 22801. Park in Lot B and enter the Medical Offices entrance.
Appointments are also available in Staunton! If our Staunton office is more convenient for you, you may schedule your appointment there! Sentara RMH Specialty Clinic is home to Sentara RMH Urology, Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine. To learn more or to schedule, call 540-213-9460.
Planning a visit to Sentara RMH? Take a tour of our campus before you come.
Talk to Us
Sentara RMH appreciates your feedback.
Sign up for updates and news from Sentara RMH!
Enter your email address below to receive health and news updates from RMHOnline.com!