Create Health Activities Together
Would you like to learn how to incorporate more good nutrition and physical activity into your busy life? How about into your family members' lives?
The RMH Women’s Center and JMU, along with the Women and Girls Health Coalition of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County, present Let’s CHAT, a new program designed to help you and your family live a healthier life.
Join us for an information session on Tuesday, January 15, 6pm,
RMH Hahn Building, Medical Offices entrance, conference room 1.
Choose the class option that you prefer. Both options, including all screenings, are *FREE!
Option 1: Adults only
- Weekly meetings held Mondays, Jan 21-April 15, 5-6:30pm at RMH
- Nutrition and physical activity education along with social support
- Blood draws at three different times to check blood sugar, cholesterol, triglycerides and inflammatory markers.
Option 2: Adults with a pre-school aged child or grandchild
To register for the information session or for one of the program options, call Healthsource at 564-7200.
- Weekly meetings held Tuesdays, January 22nd – April 16th, 6:15-7:45 pm at JMU’s Godwin Hall (free parking for program participants)
- Adults receive everything included in Option 1
- Children ages 3-5 will participate in nutrition and physical activity lessons and games. They’ll also be given a healthy snack.
- A supervised, quiet space will be provided for older children (ages 6+) to complete homework or read.
Space is limited!
Adults who complete the program will receive a $25 Visa gift card!
*Funded in part by the RMH Foundation.