We’ve all had the occasional bump on the head. But do you know how to recognize the signs of a concussion in yourself or your loved ones?
Concussion Signs and Symptoms
Concussion symptoms can vary from person to person, but typical signs include:
A concussion may or may not result in loss of consciousness.
- Nausea or vomiting
- Balance problems or dizziness
- Blurry or double vision
- Fatigue and/or drowsiness
- Amnesia: trouble remembering events prior to or immediately after the blow to the head
If you suspect a concussion and the symptoms appear to be getting worse, take the patient to the nearest emergency department.
Our Concussion Clinic
Sentara RMH Orthopedics and Sports Medicine offers a concussion clinic where patients can meet with a qualified sports medicine physician for an expert diagnosis.
*If not already under the direction of an ATC.
- Designated appointment times Mondays-Fridays, 8am-5pm
- *Referrals, if necessary, to Sentara RMH Rehab Services’ “return to play” program
- A complete team of medical professionals:
Contact our office for more information or to schedule an appointment. 540-689-5500.